Volkanovski vs. Aldo || Breakdown • Film Study • Highlights
Upon watching the recent fight between Alexander Volkanovski and the former featherweight king Jose Aldo in Brazil, I realized a few things, or maybe a few possibilities. One thing was that some crowds are just horrific for television purposes. Like bad or biased commentary, they can sway public opinion and perception of what they are watching.
Brazil is very nationalistic, a word that has taken on new meaning amidst the fascist PC language police in my country, but I don’t think it is within itself a bad thing. Pride in the country is to be expected.
What ruffled me a tad was booing a striking chess match with the King of Rio. Brazilian fans tend to not only be good at “their sports” but obviously understanding of them as well.
SO…….with the many times I’ve mentioned chess, and my love of Wu-Tang, I decided to break down some intricate moments that were missed amidst the prior mentioned, a few by commentary as well.
‘The Mystery of Chessboxing’
Chess boxing, or chessboxing, is a hybrid that combines two traditional zero-sum competitions: chess, a cerebral board game, and boxing, a very physical combat sport. The competitors fight in alternating rounds of chess and boxing.
- Ninja Checkmate aka The Mystery Of Chess Boxing (1979) Intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIrLJGLTjuM
- NCS rap beat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbuWA3M4d8
- Ncs Rap Beat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Q12-e3XRI
- J-Marin – The Greatest | ♫ Copyright Free Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNVPb8jVBcM
- Satara – King [No Copyright] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ysy0IQfvQ
- Moldavite – I Need You [No Copyright] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB5rM4H6TKU
#alexandervolkanovski #josealdo #chessboxing
You can all help a lot with very little at my new Patreon page.