Sugar Ray Robinson || The OG of p4p || A Brendan Dorman Film Study
Sugar Ray Robinson, who went 85-0 as an amateur (69 by knockout, 40 in the first round). Success in the welterweight (147 lbs) and middleweight (160 lbs) divisions prompted sportswriters to create “pound for pound” rankings. Comparing fighters regardless of weight class. From 1943 to 1951 Robinson went on a 91 fight streak without a single loss. He held the world welterweight title from 1946 to 1951. When he defeated Rocky Graziano via 3rd round knockout, in 1952, his record was an astounding 131–2–2.
Perhaps the perfect boxer-puncher and a virtuoso in that realm, watching Robinson is like watching a virtuoso musician perform.
An inspiration for generations, Robinson’s combination of skill and charm were the impetus for later greats like Ali, Leonard, multiple division world champion Roy Jones Jr. and others who had flash and substance that was comparable to their confidence and boastful ways.
Since I’m not a historian, and you’re not here for that, let’s look at the long list of things Sugar Ray did technically and how much of it still holds up today. From footwork to combination punching, from speed to unusual power, SRR is perhaps the greatest p4p boxer who’s ever lived. And like that…….
#p4p #boxing #sugarrayrobinson
- Midnight Stroll – Ghostrifter Official [Vlog No Copyright Music] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHo1pPMvXdM
- [Non-Copyrighted Music] Chill Jazzy Lofi Hip Hop FREE (Copyright Free) Jazz Hop Music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFFUVLsPi6A
- Jazz Hip Hop Instrumental by TazLazuli – No Copyright https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR3ucaQX_T4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR3ucaQX_T4
- Help Me Understand Love – Chill Relaxing Ambient Lofi HipHop (No
Copyright) Music By – No Mic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq3v-T8-950
- [No Copyright Music] Background Chill Piano LoFi (Copyright Free) Ambient Music By Idyllic
If Paypal Donations are preferred to Patreon, please send to email@example.com with YouTube or MMA in the title, please.
You can all help a lot with very little at my new Patreon page:
Also, check out my new merch…..YouTube made me do it……. 😉