The flyweight division is the lightest weight class in the UFC, with fighters weighing in at 125 pounds or less. It is also one of the fastest-growing divisions in the UFC, with a number of exciting young fighters vying for the title.
The current UFC flyweight champion is Brandon Moreno, who defeated Deiveson Figueiredo in a trilogy of fights. Moreno is a dynamic striker with a strong ground game, and he is considered to be one of the best fighters in the world at 125 pounds.
Other top flyweights in the UFC include Kai Kara-France, Askar Askarov, Alexandre Pantoja, and Joseph Benavidez. These fighters are all well-rounded and have the potential to dethrone Moreno as champion.
The flyweight division is full of exciting matchups, and it is sure to continue to grow in popularity in the years to come. Here are some of the most anticipated flyweight fights in the near future:
- Brandon Moreno vs. Kai Kara-France (2): The two fighters have already fought twice, with Moreno winning both fights. A third fight would be a rubber match to determine the true flyweight champion.
- Deiveson Figueiredo vs. Askar Askarov: These two fighters are considered to be the two best flyweights in the world not named Brandon Moreno. A fight between them would be a battle of attrition between two elite strikers and grapplers.
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Alexandre Pantoja: Benavidez is a former UFC flyweight champion, while Pantoja is a rising star in the division. This fight would be a clash of experience and youth.
The flyweight division is one of the most exciting divisions in the UFC, and it is sure to produce some great fights in the years to come. If you are a fan of MMA, then you should definitely be keeping an eye on this division.
Here are some of the most notable flyweights in UFC history:
- Demetrious Johnson: Johnson is considered to be the greatest flyweight of all time. He held the UFC flyweight title for a record 11 consecutive defenses.
- Henry Cejudo: Cejudo is a two-division UFC champion. He won the UFC flyweight title in 2018 and then moved up to bantamweight to win the title there in 2019.
- Joseph Benavidez: Benavidez is a former UFC flyweight champion and one of the most experienced fighters in the division. He has fought some of the biggest names in flyweight history, including Johnson, Cejudo, and Moreno.
- John Dodson: Dodson is a former UFC flyweight title challenger. He is known for his explosive striking and his ability to finish fights early.
- Jussier Formiga: Formiga is a former UFC flyweight title contender. He is a well-rounded fighter with a strong ground game and a dangerous submission arsenal.
The flyweight division is full of talented fighters, and it is sure to continue to produce exciting fights for years to come.