Khabib Nurmagomedov Interviewed in Russia
Giving an exclusive interview with ZZLo.TV. The Eagle Khabib Nurmagomedov says that “Dana White is lying”. And that the undefeated Russian was, in fact, available to fight in November. And that he has the text messages to prove he is not lying! He goes on to say that he was asked to fight at UFC 216. But for him, it was too early and November was the earliest he could manage.
He talks in detail about how his operation in Germany and his supposed cancelled his fight with Edson Barboza. The date of his next fight and the current top contender fight between Tony Ferguson or Kevin Lee. Khabib says that he is pulling for Ferguson to win the fight, as the pair have to finish what they have started.
He also talks about the super-fight between UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor and boxing great Floyd Mayweather. Giving his opinion on the outcome of the boxing contest. Khabib also talks about not telling the UFC about the operation he had in Germany. The UFC said that he should have informed them so that they could pay for the procedure. But Nurmagomedov says that it was all paid for by someone from Dagestan.
He discusses his weight cutting difficulties. As well as the fact that he likes to keep certain things private. Including for instance the fact that he was going for the operation. he doesn’t want the entire world knowing what is going on in his life. Khabib also reveals who and when he will be fighting next! It will, in fact, be the winner of Ferguson vs Lee. In the beginning or at the end of December.
Khabib Nurmagomedov entered the UFC with a perfect 16-0 record in the regional circuits of Russia and Ukraine.
- In his UFC debut, he defeated Kamal Shalorus on January 20, 2012, at UFC on FX 1 via submission in the third round. Next, it was Gleison Tibau on July 7, 2012, at UFC 148 via unanimous decision.
- Nurmagomedov defeated Thiago Tavares on January 19, 2013, at UFC on FX 7. Winning via KO in the first round.
- He defeated Abel Trujillo on May 25, 2013, at UFC 160 via unanimous decision.
- In his fifth UFC fight, Nurmagomedov faced Pat Healy on September 21, 2013, at UFC 165.
- He next faced Rafael Dos Anjos on April 19, 2014, at UFC on Fox 11. He dominated the fight and won via unanimous decision.
- On April 5, 2016, Ferguson pulled out of the bout due to a lung issue. Ferguson was replaced by promotional newcomer Darrell Horcher at a catchweight of 160 lb. Nurmagomedov won the fight by TKO in the second round.
- Next, he faced Michael Johnson on November 12, 2016, at UFC 205. He won the one-sided fight via submission in the third round.