Amanda Nunes is a Brazilian mixed martial artist who is currently the UFC Women’s Bantamweight and Featherweight Champion. She is widely considered to be the greatest female MMA fighter of all time.
Nunes has a professional record of 22-4-0, with 19 wins by knockout or submission. She has defeated some of the biggest names in women’s MMA, including Ronda Rousey, Cris Cyborg, Holly Holm, and Valentina Shevchenko.
Nunes is known for her aggressive fighting style and her powerful striking. She is also a very well-rounded fighter, with a strong ground game and a dangerous submission arsenal.
Nunes has been dominant in both the bantamweight and featherweight divisions. She has defended her bantamweight title five times and her featherweight title twice. She is the only fighter in UFC history to hold two titles in two different weight classes simultaneously.
In 2022, Nunes was ranked the number one pound-for-pound fighter in the world by UFC, ESPN, and Sherdog. She is also the only woman to be ranked number one in the UFC pound-for-pound rankings.
Nunes is a true pioneer in women’s MMA. She has helped to legitimize the sport and pave the way for future generations of female fighters. She is an inspiration to women all over the world and a true champion.
Here are some of Nunes’s most notable accomplishments:
- 2x UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion
- UFC Women’s Featherweight Champion
- Most title defenses in UFC women’s bantamweight history (5)
- Most title defenses in UFC women’s featherweight history (2)
- First UFC fighter to hold two titles in two different weight classes simultaneously
- Ranked number one pound-for-pound fighter in the world by UFC, ESPN, and Sherdog
Nunes is a true legend of the sport and her legacy will continue to inspire women for years to come.